Saturday, February 12, 2011

Some (Laundry) Background Infomation

I mentioned that were were a few ways to do laundry in previous posts. I will cover those in this post.

The way I do laundry is take the resident list, divide them by the hall, and sort their clothes in the laundry room and then go out and distribute the laundry down one hall. This is the 'Donna method.' It was pioneered by a transport agent named Donna, who takes upwards of two hours to do one unit's laundry. It is stereotyped by my coworkers to be slow and inefficient as a result. I get an entire unit's laundry done in about 30 minutes using this method.

The way my coworkers do laundry is not as simple or effective. They throw all the clothes on a rack and go down a hall and sort the clothes on the rack and then take them into the rooms. Takes a long time, makes you look like an idiot standing in the middle of the hall, and blocks the hall for others to use. It takes three of them about an hour to do one unit's laundry.

24 comments:

  1. interesting..
    I love how people always have their own ways to do stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to see how people can take so many different paths on a mundane task like laundry yet it all winds up in the same location!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to do laundry a certain way too. I have to wash my husband's flight suits totally separate from the rest of the laundry, and hang them to dry, no fabric softener...it's pretty annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to go to the local landramat to do my laundry and washing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know how to do the laundry D:

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont do my own laundry, never have, had a mother and then a wife!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lot of work. I'm glad I only have a small load of laundry to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont like doing laundry... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to do laundry dude, and yea I hate doing laundry also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Laundary advice and how you do it! Haha keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol everyone hates doing laundry :/ gotta get it done tho!

    ReplyDelete
  12. interesting post
    Keep it up

    followed

    ReplyDelete
  13. keep up the good work see you tomorow

    ReplyDelete
  14. there's always 2 ways of doing things, the wrong way and the right way, you've chosen the right way, well done! nice blog too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol..i just dump all my laundry on my girlfriend's lap, turn on the tv, and before the show's over, the laundry is done!

    http://skybluetrading.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a cool way to do laundry.

    ReplyDelete